We've made our uploading process as simple as we can, but if you're having trouble getting your images from the upload page to your profile, we've put together this quick troubleshooting guide to answer some of the more common problems:
I see a blank screen and/ or the upload page does not load correctly:
- If you're seeing a blank screen when you click on the upload page, or if parts of the page are not visible or loading correctly, this can often be caused by aggressive adblocking software and/or if you're accessing the page via a VPN.
In this instance, we recommend disabling your ad blocker on the page, and/ or disabling your VPN.
I see a message telling me 'Not an accepted file type'
- All images must be .jpg in format. We don't accept other types of image files such as TIFF, PSD or PNG files.
I see a message telling me 'File size is too big' or 'Your pic must be 800px and above'
- All images must be wider than 800px and smaller than 30MB in size.
I've added my images, but I can't see any way to upload them to my profile?
- Each image must have a title, caption, a minimum of 5 x tags, and a price. You'll see a blue line and some text above each image letting you know what information you still need to add.
- Once all the information has been added, the line will change to green and the text will let you know that the image is 'Finished.'
- When all images are showing as 'Finished' with a green line above each entry, you'll see a green button at the bottom of the page asking if you're 'authorised to upload these images?'. Click 'Yes, Upload them' and your images will be uploaded directly to your profile.
All my images say 'Finished' but they're not on my profile?
- Your images will only be uploaded to your profile once you've confirmed you're authorised to upload them. When all images are showing as 'Finished' with a green line above each entry, you'll see a green button at the bottom of the page asking if you're 'authorised to upload these images?'. Click 'Yes, Upload them' and your images will be uploaded directly to your profile.
The line above my image still says 'Processing'?
- Occasionally there will be an interruption somewhere in the many connections between your computer and Picfair's server. Unfortunately, we can't control all of these connections so we'll sometimes lose the link between your image and our uploader. In this situation, we recommend you remove the file, log out, and after a few minutes log in and try uploading again.
- Another common issue that can cause a distruptuon to the uploader is if you're accessing Picfair via a VPN, or if you're running agressive ad blockers on your web browser. If you continue to experience issues we recommend turning off any VPN or ad blockers you have enabled, we usually find this fixes the problem.
- If you continue to experience issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into it ASAP.
Problem not covered here?
- If you can't find an answer to your problem here, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us at email@example.com and we'll be more than happy to help.
When you contact us, the more info you can give us the better! Please give us a brief description of what's happening, when the problem is occurring, and what browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc) you're using to access the site.