For the very first time, Picfair Plus users will be able to gain further insights into who is visiting their Store via the Google Analytics interface.
What is Google Analytics for Stores?
If you’re looking for a thorough breakdown of your Store visitors’ behaviours, Google Analytics will give you the opportunity to track how visitors arrive at your Store, how much time visitors spend on your Store and even which areas (including images or specific albums) viewers visit on your Store!
Please note, it’s not compulsory to set this up for your Store, this is an optional feature. If you're new to Google Analytics, we recommend heading here for some context.
Enabling GA4 for your Store
Step 1: Creating a Google Analytics account & property
- Follow the steps here to create a Google Analytics account and connect it to your Store.
- Please ensure you select the 'web' data stream so you can successfully add your tracking ID successfully in Step 2.
Step 2: Connecting Google Analytics 4 to your Store
- Once you're assigned your unique tracking ID, you’ll need to input it within your Store Settings here.
- Your tracking ID will always be in the format of G-XXXXXXXXX
- Once this has succeeded, you'll see it showing connected as below:
- You can confirm data is being collected by following the instructions here.
If you're having trouble setting up your Google Analytics account or locating your tracking ID, Google has a troubleshooting guide for the most common issues here.
If you can't find an answer to your problem in the above guide, please check you are selecting the ‘web’ data steam when setting up. It's also worth checking whether you have successfully set up a Google Analytics account. You’ll find instructions here on setting up successfully.
If you’re still experiencing issues, we strongly recommend viewing the video below from Google that provides an excellent walkthrough of GA4 and showcases how to set it up correctly:
Provided you’ve connected GA4 to your Store successfully, Google is best positioned to help you make the most of Analytics. To get the most out of this feature, head here.